Friday 5 March 2010

Indoor Friday.

Friday is a busy day at this time of year as I try and reserve it for
indoor jobs such as seed sowing, taking cuttings and bringing things
such as Fuchsia's back to life. Today I finished potting up all the
Dahlia tubers that I want to bring on early in order to take cuttings.
The Fuchsia's have been brought out from under the staging and tidied
up and will be kept moist from now on to encourage growth. Another thing
I did today that should earn me a gold star one day is to pot up 12
early seed potatoes.

I put one to a large pot and they are now under
the greenhouse staging along with the Rhubarb and Dahlia tubers.

--
Sent from my mobile device

2 comments:

Ruth Fraser Davis said...

Cuttings from dahlias?

A new concept to this U.S. gardner. We're ony told to wait for the tubers to multiply.

Kimmie said...

Wow, I am amazed at how much you always have going on...both inside and out. You are very good at what you do...and quite good at sharing it too!

Have a wonderful weekend. Tell Vicki I said, "Hi!"

ps- we all laughed at your comment about having to take your socks and shoes off to count all the little Comollo's ;-)

psps- can you pop me off your address (snail mail) so I can get you and Vicki tucked into my address book...thinking ahead for Christmas cards and such ;-) We think of you as part of the family!

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 6 1/2 adopted