Tuesday 19 May 2009

Water Feature.

This week in the greenhouse I’m going to show you something a little different.

At the far end under the sink I’ve had a tub to catch the water for a couple of years now, this then gets used to dip my watering can in when watering the two greenhouses.

[Click the pictures to enlarge]

Last year I added a couple of water loving plants and this year I have gone a couple of steps further and added an Orchid on a log and some gold fish plus a few fly catchers to the side.
There are five fish and they seem quite happy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I stumbled over here from Trials and Tribulations of a Southern Gardener. You have a great blog, I'll be back.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Found you! I really miss your daily garden journal but loved the idea of these goldfish. So do you live in Yorkshire now, Bob - I have always thought of you as living in Derbyshire. Nice to read your blog again.

Kimmie said...

Hey Bob;

Seems you are busy. Glad the fish are happy, guess you can tell when they are NOT happy by the way the 'float.' ;-)

bless you my English friend!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

EB said...

Brilliant idea! That's my favourite bit of gardening - the way as you spend time in a place, ideas for what to do with it just come to you.

Jeanette said...

Gday Bob, Love seeing the pics of what your up too. and the the fish look very happy Oh that spider plant I cant kill it off im always pulling it up to try and control it. I had a bin full last week..