Saturday 9 February 2008

Older And More Worn Out.

Setting sun at Darley Moor.
All readings are taken from a sheltered location in our garden and cover a 24 hour period starting at midnight.
Low Temp: 3.1C
High Temp: 15.7C
Rainfall: 0.0mm
Strongest Gust of wind: 2.0 MPH.
Weather Today: Dry and sunny.

Today I went to stay with my parents for the night. On the way down I called in to see Jo and David, however David was out so I only got to see Jo again. I didn't stay long as I had Tommy with me and I wanted to take him for a walk around near to where we used to live, just have a nosey to see what had been going on. As with most things everything looked much the same, just a little older and more worn out. It turned quite chilly out in the open but we hung around never the less as there was a really nice sunset and a peace that is not often found.
My mum and dad were pleased to see us and had a big dinner ready for us when we walked in. Tommy always like to go away for the weekend, apart from all the food, he gets to sleep on the bed with me which he really looks forward too. Its funny how he knows because at home he doesn't get to sleep on the bed so never even tries but my mum spoils him even more than I do so insists he sleeps on the bed if he wants and he knows it somehow.
A BLAST FROM THE PAST.
Sunday 9th February 1992.
I've not done much today, just messed about and listened to some music in the morning and watched 'Home Alone' with Fallon in the afternoon. started Dahlia's in to growth, I'm keeping them in the spare room for now. I've taken our Chrysanthemums up to the manor house as I've nowhere to bring them on here. Judith Phoned.
Where we lived at the time we had even less garden than we do now. For some reason these estates have move people around over the years so now you find the gardener no longer lives in the gardeners cottage and as a result no longer enjoys the sort of garden his occupation merits. So for that reason I had to try and raise my Dahlia's in the window of the spare room. It was probably okay to get them in to growth but I would think they ended up at the manor house with the Chrysanths in the end.
Best wishes,
Bob.



1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Hi Bob;

Loved that part about Tommy on the bed...when our dog Hunter goes with us to our cabin in VT, he too suddenly knows that he can sit on the couch. He wouldn't dare try that at home.
;-)

Love the photo..beautiful silouette!
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted