Friday 15 February 2008

A Dirty Hanky And Sticking Plaster.

Loch Tay
All readings are taken from a sheltered location in our garden and cover a 24 hour period starting at 6pm.
Low Temp: 4.2C
High Temp: 5.9C
Rainfall: 0.0mm
Strongest Gust of wind: 2.0 mph.
Weather Today: Overcast and cold, a very miserable day.

Hello everyone. Once again thanks for the best wishes you left me, they were much appreciated. Everything seems to be going okay with it so far, no more bleeding or anything bad, I even managed to do some digging at work. Of course in an ideal world Jeanette is right both tools should have been made safe but at the time both were in use in the sense that I was swapping from one to the other all the time, I thought the greatest danger lay in falling from the ladder and saw concentrating on that and never saw the danger that got me. You’re also right about it needing stitches, for sure you didn’t need to be Gil Grisom to follow the blood trail. I think doctors these days have enough on treating people with grazed knees and allergies to bother them with something serious like a slashed hand. I’m more in favour of Dr Woody ‘s remedies, a good old dirty hanky and a sticking plaster!

You’re welcome to the comment Merle . As you probably know I’m still having to attend once a year for a test and although its probably not as bad as what you have to endure the worry is still there so I do appreciate what you said about the subject.

I have to confess Margaret, that Rhubarb is one of the things I just can’t stomach. I always remember as a child my gran used to give me a stick of raw Rhubarb to chew on from time to time so maybe that has something to do with it. Although at the time I don’t recall it bothering me too much, she didn’t force me to eat it or anything nasty like that.

A BLAST FROM THE PAST.

Saturday 15th February 1992.
Vicki had to go to work this morning. After work and before lunch we took the fertiliser spreader back to the gardener centre where we borrowed it from. Vicki bought some nuts for the birds whilst there so on our return I hung the feeder up outside the kitchen window. Fallon went swimming this afternoon and returned with a lose front tooth. I think we’ve got rats going in the out house so I’ve put down some poison. Received the form from Oban jobcentre.

I think the fertiliser spreader I speak of was borrowed for use at work as we didn’t have a garden.
Bob.

No comments: