Monday 14 January 2008

New For This Year.

Hi everyone, how are you all doing? I was just going to talk about the greenhouses as Matron keeps asking about them. I keep on meaning to do a post on them but I want to do a good job and show a few pics of various things but I haven’t taken the pics yet so I will try and do them tomorrow and then I can do the post about them tomorrow. I really haven’t felt like doing much of anything since Christmas, as you will probably have noticed I haven’t been taking my weather readings or post a picture from Scotland, I must try and get back in to the swing of things. I have to say that I am really wondering if Christmas is worth bothering about. I know it probably makes me seem like a misery bum but almost a month has passed by with nothing to show for it, I’m not sure how much of that is down to Christmas and how much is down to being ill but I seem to remember something similar happening the year before.

Yesterday me and Vicki went home for a meal out with the family to celebrate my brother in laws birthday which is today. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN) We went to The Red Lion pub in Bakewell
http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/products.php?productId=94 if you ever visit Bakewell I can recommend The Red Lion either for a drink or a meal and everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Me and Vicki are planning a holiday to Malta this spring, not sure how that one will go as neither of us have been out of the country for many years and I’ve never flown at all, I guess we will just have to take one step at a time.

Tippy seems a little better although not as she should be, she still get a bit of a wobble on sometimes. She seems happy enough though.

I’ve been looking through my seed catalogues, I want to try and grow contain veg this year, we don’t have enough garden for a proper veg patch, it was something we were promised when we came here but was later withdrawn. I’ve been doing the veg patch for them at work in my own time in exchange for a share but I never seemed to get much out of that either so this year I’m going to use my time to grow my own stuff although as I say it will have to be in pots and containers which will be a new way of doing it for me.

No comments: