Wednesday 31 October 2007

Time To Bring On A Few Hyacinth.



Today I've bought the first lot of Hyacinth that I'm forcing in to the light to start growing on. As you can see I have nine in all so I just took the three on the right and potted them up in to a proper bowl. They don't want to go anywhere too warm just yet. Its best to just grow them on steady until you can see a flower bud forming and then you can bring them in to more heat. If you take them straight indoors when they are at this stage they will go all leggy and weak.




Well I have to go and have my dinner now so take care.
Bob.

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Yeah Bob!!!!

This new blog looks great! I am so happy for you...love seeing what your hands keep busy at. You have such a gift with the growing things and I have such a love for reading what you are up to. Wish I could pop over with some cake...it would be a fun celebration, even if there was no garden tour ;-)

three cheers from us in CT!!

Yeah Bob!

blessings my dear friend!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Jeanette said...

hi Bob. Just popped in for a cuppa hope the kettles boiling.
nice to still see a little of your daily work. Ive just put my hyacinths away till next year..